This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Magda Magda 2 months ago.

Newly purchased and have some questions

First off, great theme, so handy!

Question #1: I use the image slider on the homepage instead of the map. How can I add text and button overlays that will change with each slide? I tried to add an image and some text in the slides list-item, but it is just static and shows on all slides. If you were to add an img and text to list-item for each slide, all the text would show at once.

<b>How can I add in text and button overlays on the image slider for the front page?</b>

Question #2: I want to use ONLY the sticky form of the nav bar. On the homepage for me, it is too large and I want to only use the navbar that shows when you scroll down a bit. It’s more minimal and allows me to use a larger image on the home view.

<b>How do I only use the sticky small nav bar, and not the initial large one when first loaded?</b>

Question #3: The email form is not working. When I send an email, I get the ‘Message sent successfully’, however, I never receive the email in neither my inbox. junk, or spam. I have checked all paths, and all are accurate. Not really a big issue, as I will be replacing that entire form system with my own, but in the meantime I do wish it would work. Any insight on what might be the issue? I am using a valid email for the to and from that have the same domain, and I use this email consistently, so I do know that it is valid. Also, I have read other replies here in the forum and have checked those, so the issue is still remaining for me.

<b>Email form says it worked, but I never receive the email.</b>

Right now that is all I have. This theme is great and works well for my needs. Thank you.

~James

Magda

Hello!

question 1: Here you will find suggestion how the text can be added to each slide of the flexslider (link)

Unfortunately the documentation of this slider isn’t providing any suggestion how the buttons can be changed for each slide (link)

question 2: The fastest way to get this effect on the site is to go to jquery.stycky.js file on path foodtruck > assets > js > jquery.sticky.js and on line 19 add for the wrapperClassName ‘sticky-wrapper is-sticky’ instead of ‘sticky-wrapper’

question 3: We tested the contact form and it is working for us. If you are using e-mail from a different domain than the site is using, the message may never reach your mailbox. This type of problem can be fixed by using the SMTP server that can be configured in the config.php file in form folder.

If this solution isn’t working for you, we can investigate the issue on your site 🙂

Best regards,
    Magda

Thanks for #1, I think I found the solve. Although, the #2 answer is only partial. If you add the “is-sticky” it works on initial load. However, if you scroll down the page, and then back to the top, the large standard navbar shows again. So I poked around the js file, trying to figure out how to disable when rescrolling back to the top.

If I remove the line #43 “s.stickyElement.parent().removeClass(s.className);” I can get the larger version to shrink to the smaller version in the attachment I added. But it still shows a small part of the top brown part. unfortunately I cannot provide you with details to log in, but it’s pretty straightforward, I am using the ribsndogs template. I’m going to keep poking at it, if I find any other resolution, I will post here. I look forward to your response.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Magda

Hello!

I added the same changes as you described and I am not able to recreate the effect there. Please check the video I attached to this reply (LINK).

Can you please provide us with the link to the site and FTP credentials so we will be able to check it? Just please remember to send them to us as private reply so only our support team will be able to see it.

Best regards,
    Magda

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Magda Magda.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by Magda Magda.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.