This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Magda Magda 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

No image showing in demo content

• myglossyaffair

I have installed 1-click demo content for You Makeup. But no image is showing and the top menu options are also not showing fully. I have attached a screenshot of the same.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    myglossyaffair

Please help on priority. Nothing is being displayed as demo theme.

Magda

Hello!

I noticed that none of the images were imported to the Media gallery. I imported all of them and now all the missing images are visible on the site.

Also please let me know which options are not working for you on the site so I will be able to help you solve this issue 🙂

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair

Thank you so much for your timely help Magda. It was killing me :).

Two issues now –
    1. I want it as fresh and undo all changes I have done. Should I go for 1-Click Demo again?
    2. When I scroll down, the menu bar appears but it cuts when I scroll more and that looks bad. I have attached a screenshot of the same.

Attachments:
    Magda

Hello!

1. The best way to do it would be clean the theme installed content by using this plugin.But please be careful using this plugin. Then before activating the plugin do the 1-click demo import and then activate the plugins suggested by the theme.
    2. The menu isn’t cut but it is hidden under the wordpress toolbar. When the toolbar is deactivated the menu isn’t cut (img) The theme don’t have a style that will prevent this but I can create a custom css for you if you wish to change it.

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair

Thank you so much Magda for your timely help. I have done all you mentioned above and all problems resolved. Just 1-2 more concerns-
    1. How to change Page title,where its written as- YOU personal template for small and medium business.
    2. I have set up email account with my host as ritcha@ritcharao.com but my contact form is throwing error and not able to send emails.
    3.I want to display all pages in footer but horizontal while it gives only vertical option.
    4. I don’t have foursquare account and have left that blank in ‘Social’ settings but still it shows on my website. Also, insta & fb configured properly but unable to set email, twitter, pinterest.

Please help on these points too
    Thanks for your help.

Magda

Helo!

1. You should be able to change it Customize in Site Identity (img), but as I can see for some reason it isn’t working on your wersion of you.
    Please send us FTP credentials as private reply so I will be able to check the reason of this problem in your theme files.

2. The reason why there is an error when you are trying to send the message is because in the Mail section of the tailor contact form you have still set the default/demo mail (img)

3. Unfortunately right now this theme don’t have option to show the latest post horizontaly.

4. I still see Foursquare user ID added to the Contact Settings (img) – maybe you didn’t save changes after removing them ? I removed it for you 🙂

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair
    This reply has been marked as private.
    myglossyaffair

1. Please help with the Page title bar. FTP details already given to you.

2. Through Customize option, Social media buttons are not getting configured properly. While doing it in Contact option on page, all social media buttons working properly.

3. Home, AboutMe, Disclaimer, Contact Us – such menu bars are usually there in all websites in footer horizontally. Is it not possible here?

4. I have added ‘Search’ bar in my website. But, the text field says “Search this blog”. Since it is not a blog, either this should be empty or there should be some generic term. Blog word should not be there.

Magda

Hello!

As I understood you meant this socials (img) 🙂 I make tests and I was able to change socials you mentioned. This social can be set in socials tab of Contact Settings (img)

We are still investigating the customize issue on your site.

Best regards,
    Magda

Magda

Hello!

1. We are still checking the page title bar issue on your site.

2. After the theme update you shouldn’t have any problems with adding socials to the top bar using customize options (img)

3. Due to the way how the Footer and Post Footer is build in this theme there is no option to add full width vertical section with the menu links to other pages.

4. The text field say “Search this blog” because this search option is used to search in the blog post and all the search results will be shown as a blog posts. Unfortunately we are not able to change functionality of this widget because it is on of WordPress default widgets.

Best regards
    Magda

Magda

Hello!

The reason for this problem was the Yoast SEO plugin you are using. When this plugin is activate it will ignore the title set in the Customize – instead it will take the title set in the pages (home page as I noticed) (img) I already added the changes for the site there so in the title bar you have the title you suggested.

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair
    Magda

Hello!

All the page title you should be able to change on the bottom of the page in the SEO conatiner (IMG)

This theme don’t have as a default slider element that you would be able to use the way you wish to, so I suggest you to check one of the free to use sliders plugins avaliable on wordpress site (link).
    Unfortunately there is no option to add to the portfolio page slider because this page is generated from the portfolio item. The only solution to add the slider there would be to that by custom development.

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair

I think there are not much options to customize the theme. I am not able to make much changes. Yes, if I start making css, then its a different thing.

1. Please tell me what should be the image configuration and size for an image to be placed in ‘Home Slider’ home page. I have placed 4 images in that and all are getting cropped at wrong places. I want full images to be displayed.

2. I want to change background colour, title color and any other color of ‘Ritcha Rao’ ‘See what I can offer you’ etc. Please tell the option.

Magda

Hello!

1. The full width slider is 1903x1094px for the best resizing effect will be to use images of similar width. For example the one used on the demo are 1920x1200px

2. To change:
    background: Please go to the edit row option – in Design options tab you will be able to set the Background color you want to use (img). Just remember that if you are setting background color this way you need also to go to the General tab and set the Row stretch to Strech row (img)

– Title color: The title of the site for example (img) can be changed in the customize on path General > Styles > Main color. Unfortunately right now subtitle color can’t be customize with this option. We will check the reason of this issue.
    The color of the headers used for the sections (example) can be changed in the in the Section Header setting in the VisualComposer in Advanced tab (img).

Best regards,
    Madga

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Magda Magda.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Magda Magda.
    myglossyaffair

Dear Magda,

I am trying hard to place images in Home Slider but full images are not displaying. I am attaching the 1st image for your reference in both resized and full version. Please see.

Magda

Hello!

Could you please try to send this images again? – unfortunately I did not receive them.

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair

the max file size allowed is 512kb, hence not allowed. Can you please check in media gallery? If possible. All slider images are there.

Magda

Hello!

As long as you will be using vertical images you won’t be able to make them be fully visible in the slider. The best solution will be to use images 1903x1094px for this slider.

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair

I have resized images as mentioned by you and on website, they are showing fine. But not on mobile. Since this a responsive template, I hope it should work similarly on mobile too. Please help.

Magda

Hello!

The image look like this on mobile because of the resizing. The only way to make the image positioned different I to add this custom css (already added to your site on path Appearance > Theme options > Code – Custom styles):

But using this solution the image will not cover fully the screen (img)

Best regards,
    Magda

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Magda Magda.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Magda Magda.
    myglossyaffair

Please see the attached screenshot. ‘Makeup’ in main menu is not clickable and only the sub menus are opening. I want ‘Makeup’ also to be clickable. Please suggest.

Attachments:
    Magda

Hello!

I added this custom Javascript on path Appearance > Theme options > Code > custom JavaScript

Now the ‘Makeup’ link is working as well.

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair

Dear Magda,

Thank you so much for all the help. I really appreciate that. Just one thing, I am trying my best to resize images for home slider as you said (1900*1094). A latest pic I added has height of 1100 only but still the face of bride is not showing.
    Please help. Am I doing something wrong?

The screenshot is attached.

Attachments:
    Magda

Hello!

u are using in the slider can be square shape or near to square. Otherwise the resize will cut the bigger part of the image.
    I resize the bride image and added it as a new slider.

You can see the faces on the other images because the size of them is 1692×1100 instead of 1257×1094 so stretching them to slide shape isn’t removing big part of them 🙂

Best regards,
    Magda

myglossyaffair

Acc to you, if I put an image with size – 1903x1094px , then it will be perfect, no cuts from anywhere. Right?

As one of the image I have put in home slider is of size 1760 × 1253, and still that image is not displayed fully and is truncated from bottom. Will 1903x1094px size make them perfect for Home Slider?
    Please throw some light.

Magda

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.