This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Magda Magda 8 months, 1 week ago.

Portfolio [works filters=

Hi,

I am trying to revamp our website using the Boston Theme and like the ShortCode Portfolio>Works with the Filter enabled.

Is there a way to just display the top level hierarchy category and its siblings you have selected and not all top level parents and sibling categories.

Example:

If you have 3 Parent Categories A/B/C and 8 Child Categories of which several appear in different Parents. As below, can the [Work] Shortcode

A:1,2,3,4

B:5,6,4

C:7,8,2,4

…So I would like to see

A B C

Then select B… and get

B

Ideally this would be using your ajax? header buttons… but Im happy if there is a specific html link I can call to get the desired info..

I do hope this makes sense

Keep well

Richard

Magda

Hello Richard!

Right now this option isn’t avaliable in the theme.
    Also it isn’t possible to be done with use of ajax.
    If you wish to have the option you describe to us please go to the ctWorksShortcode.class.php file on path boston\theme\shortcodes\portfolio and on line 70 please add &childless=true (example)
    Remember that adding this option to main theme you can’t do updates – otherwise this changes will be lost. In the next theme update we will add option that will give you option to add this code to the theme so the changes will not be lost after theme update.

Best regards,
    Magda

Hi Magda,

Many thanks for your reply.

I may be in touch for some custom works once I have the basics done 😉

Keep well

Richard

Magda

Hello Richard!

Glad I was able to help you. I will close this ticket but if you will have any questions in the future just create a new one 🙂

Best regards,
    Magda

The topic ‘Portfolio [works filters=’ is closed to new replies.