This errors is showing up because Google Maps V3 no longer supports keyless access so you need to get a key for every (referrer-)domain which has never had a Google Map on it before. You can generate new API key or used one you arleady created.
How to generate my Api key?
To generate Api key you just need to click GET A KEY and follow this steps.
Alternatively, follow these steps to get an API key:
- Go to the Google API Console.
- Create or select a project.
- Click Continue to enable the API and any related services.
- On the Credentials page, get a API key (and set the API Credentials).
Note: If you have an existing Browser key, you may use that key.
- To prevent quota theft, secure your API key following these best practices.
- (Optional) Enable billing. See Usage Limits for more information.
For more information on using the Google API Console, see API Console Help.
Where I should add the generated API key ?
To make the API key work you need to specify it, include it as the value of a key parameter when loading the API.
To do that find in your project:
and replace with:
Please remember that if you just generate your API key Google place services will take 10 minutes to make the services available for new API KEY created, till then in the console error as “The provided API key is expired.” will be visible.
But my map still isn’t working 🙁
If the map isn’t working please check console (F12) with your site for errors HERE you will find whole list of API Key errors with the solutions for them.