Bundled Plugins are plugins that comes with the theme when you buy it. Since the plugins are bundled with the theme, updates for the plugins are provided once the theme itself is updated.
Update a Bundled Plugin
When you update a theme and a plugin needs to be updated, you will see a notice at the top that a plugin could be updated.
You can also check for updates in your Dashboard by navigating to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
Follow these steps to update:
- Step 1 – Update the theme first in the Dashboard by navigating to Appearance > Themes then update the theme.
- Step 2 – Once the theme is updated, check if there are available updates for the plugins.
- Step 3 – If there are updates available, you will see a notification on top of the page or go to Plugins > Installed Plugins and follow the instruction to install updates.
Update Error for WPBakery Page Builder and Revolution Slider plugins (Update package not available)
If you get this error, try these troubleshooting methods first:
- Go to Appearance > Installed Plugins, refresh the page and try again.
- If it doesn’t work, try disabling/deleting the plugin, this is to ensure that there aren’t any issue with plugin’s update. Once disabled/deleted, try to re-run/install the plugin.
- If you still get the error message that the update package is not available, its probably because your server permissions are set to strict and you’ll need to alter your server settings or update the plugins via FTP.
- If issue still persist, click here for support.
Automatic updates are done if the plugin is purchased separately from the plugin developer. There are premium features that you can get if you purchase the plugin from the developer.
However, it’s not required to purchase the plugin for the theme to work since the plugins are bundled with the theme.